“Agreement” means the contract incorporating these terms and conditions, as lawfully varied from time to time.
“TSE” means AUSFIT Torsion Bars Pty Ltd T/A Tactical Strength Equipment, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of AUSFIT Torsion Bars Pty Ltd.
“Claim” includes all actions, suits, causes of action, arbitrations, claims, demands, proceedings, complaints and objections in respect of any debts, dues, costs, expenses, obligations, liabilities, interest, verdicts, orders or judgments either at law or in equity or arising under a statute and whether ascertained or unascertained, or immediate, future or contingent.
“Client” means the person/s and/or entity/entities buying the Goods and/or Services as specified in any invoice, document or order, and if there is more than one Client is a reference to each Client jointly and severally.
“Consequential Loss” means any indirect or consequential loss; loss of use; loss of product or production; delayed, postponed, interrupted or deferred production; inability to produce, deliver or process; loss of profit, revenue or anticipate revenue; loss of bargain, contract, expectation or opportunity; punitive or exemplary damages; in each case arising from or in connection with the performance of this Agreement and whether or not foreseeable at the time of entering into this Agreement or at the time of provision of the Goods.
“Control” has the same meaning as in section 50AA of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
“Dispute” means any dispute between the parties relating to the interpretation of this Agreement or the performance by any party of its obligations under this Agreement.
“Force Majeure Event” means an act, event or cause that is beyond the reasonable control of TSE including but not limited to acts of God, lightning, earthquakes, floods, storms, other natural disasters, explosions, fires, acts of war, acts of public enemies, terrorism, public disorder, riots, civil commotion, revolution, sabotage, malicious damage, any order or temporary or permanent injunction of any court or acts of a government or government instrumentality, strikes, lockouts, labour disputes (to the extent they exceed seven days), road closure, traffic congestion, quarantine or customs restriction, embargo, interruption of power supply, scarcity of fuel, accident, collision or breakdown of vehicle, machinery or equipment.
“Goods” means all Goods or Services supplied by TSE to the Client at the Client’s request from time to time (where the context so permits the terms ‘Goods’ or ‘Services’ shall be interchangeable for the other).
“GST Acts” means A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth) and the related imposition Acts of the Commonwealth.
“Person” includes any individual, firm, corporation, trust or government authority.
“Price” means the Price payable for the Goods as agreed between TSE and the Client in accordance with clause 3 below.
“Services” means any act conducted by TSE or is may be provided by TSE including any act by any subcontractor or any third party at the request of a director of TSE directly or indirectly at the request of a Client.
“Related Entity” means any of the following:
- An associated entity of the Client within the meaning of that term as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Any Person that is Controlled by the Client.
- Any person that Controls the Client.
- If the Person is a company, any director of that company and any shareholder who (or who together with their Related Entities) owns at least 40% of the issued shares.
- The trustee of any trust in which the Client and any of its other Related Entities have fixed interested in 40% or more of the income or capital, have ever received 20% or more of all distributions of income or capital in a financial year or have the power to change the trustee or vary the terms of the trust.
- The Client is taken to have exclusively accepted and is immediately bound, jointly and severally, by this Agreement if the Client places an order for or accepts delivery of the Goods or Services.
- The Client and TSE agree that the terms of this Agreement may be amended by TSE without notice.
- TSE is only liable to provide Goods and/or Services under this Agreement in the terms of the form being Schedule 2 to this Agreement.
Acknowledgements by Client
- The Client:
- Agrees that all of its Related Entities that request TSE to provide Goods and/or Services are parties to this Agreement.
- Enters into this Agreement on its own behalf and on behalf of all Related Entities.
- warrants that it has the authority of all Related Entities to enter into this Agreement on their behalf and
- will procure the compliance by any Related Entities with the terms of this Agreement.
Price and Payment
- At TSE’s sole discretion the Price shall be either:
- As indicated on any invoice provided by TSE to the Client or.
- the Price as at the date of delivery of the Goods according to TSE’s current price list or
- TSE’s quoted price (subject to clause 5.2) which will be valid for the period stated in the quotation or otherwise for a period of thirty (30) days.
- TSE reserves the right to change the Price if a variation to TSE’s quotation is requested
- Time for payment for the Goods being of the essence, the Price will be payable by the Client on the date/s determined by TSE, which may be
- On delivery of the Goods
- Before delivery of the Goods
- Payment may be made by cash, financial institution funds transfer, bank cheque, credit card (plus a surcharge of up to two percent (2%) of the Price), or by any other method as agreed to between the Client and TSE. TSE reserves the right to charge a $50 processing fee for any bank or personal cheque provided by the client as payment of any financial obligation it has to TSE.
- All freight costs are estimates only (subject to clause 5.2). All freight costs must be paid in full by the Client.
- Unless a contrary intention appears, any term used in this Agreement shall have the same meaning in this Agreement as defined in the GST Acts.
- Unless otherwise stated the Price includes GST. In addition to the Price the Client must pay to TSE an amount equal to any GST TSE must pay for any supply by TSE under this or any other agreement for the sale of the Goods. The Client must pay GST, without deduction or set off of any other amounts, at the same time and on the same basis as the Client pays the Price. In addition the Client must pay any other taxes and duties that may be applicable in addition to the Price except where they are expressly included in the Price.
Delivery of Goods
- Delivery (“Delivery”) of the Goods is taken to occur at the time that TSE (or TSE’s nominated carrier) delivers the Goods to the Client’s nominated address even if the Client is not present at the address.
- At TSE’s sole discretion the cost of delivery is in addition to the Price.
- SE may deliver the Goods in separate instalments. Each separate instalment shall be invoiced in the absolute discretion of TSE in accordance with the provisions in this Agreement.
- Where goods or services are delivered by TSE in instalments or separately, the terms of 7.1 to 7.3 above apply to each separate and specific delivery of goods or services by TSE.
- The Client may request TSE to deliver goods in parts and instalments, which will be at TSE's sole discretion to agree to where each delivery instalment may be charged to the client as a separate invoice item, where by terms 7.1 to 7.3 above apply to each separate and specific delivery.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to the Client on Delivery and the Client may insure the Goods on or before Delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Client, ATB is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of this Agreement by ATB is sufficient evidence of ATB’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with ATB to make further enquiries.
- If the Client requests ATB to leave Goods outside ATB’s premises for collection or to deliver the Goods to an unattended location then such Goods shall be left at the Client’s sole risk.
- The Goods are at the risk of the Client and not ATB. Unless expressly agreed in writing, ATB excludes all liability to the Client in tort (including negligence), contract, bailment, or otherwise for:
- Loss of, damage to, deficiency in, deterioration, evaporation or contamination of all Goods or other property and
- delay in delivery or mis delivery or non-delivery of the Goods
- The Client irrevocably waives any entitlement to allege or claim (except if permitted by ATB) and hereby agrees to forever hold ATB harmless from any apportionment which may be sought against ATB, under either Part 4 of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW) or any equivalent law in any other state or otherwise.
- Not with standing any other provision of this Agreement, ATB will under no circumstances be liable for any Claim for Consequential Loss and the Client releases and indemnifies ATB against any Claim for Consequential Loss.
- The Client indemnifies ATB against any liability (without limiting the foregoing, whether arising as a result of any breach of this Agreement, negligence or wilful act or omission or misconduct on behalf of ATB) in respect of the Goods to any Person (other than the Client) who claims to have, who has or who may hereafter have any interest in the Goods or any part thereof
Defects, Warranties and Returns, Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (CCA)
- It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the Goods are sufficient and suitable for the Client’s purpose. The Client should make and rely upon the Client’s own assessments and enquiries to verify the accuracy of the information provided by ATB.
- The Client must inspect the Goods on delivery and must within seven (7) days of delivery notify ATB in writing of any evident defect/damage, shortage in quantity, or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Client must notify any other alleged defect in the Goods as soon as reasonably possible after any such defect becomes evident. Upon such notification the Client must allow ATB to inspect the Goods.
- Under applicable State, Territory and Commonwealth Law (including, without limitation the CCA), certain statutory implied guarantees and warranties (including, without limitation the statutory guarantees under the CCA) may be implied into this Agreement (Non-Excluded Guarantees).
- ATB acknowledges that nothing in this Agreement purports to modify or exclude the Non-Excluded Guarantees.
- Except as expressly set out in this Agreement or in respect of the Non-Excluded Guarantees, ATB makes no warranties, guarantees or other representations under this Agreement including but not limited to the quality or suitability of the Goods. ATB’s liability in respect of these warranties is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If the Client is a consumer within the meaning of the CCA, ATB’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by section 64A of Schedule 2.
- If ATB is required to replace the Goods under this clause or the CCA, but is unable to do so, ATB may refund any money the Client has paid for the Goods. This obligation on the part of ATB only arises where the Client has returned to ATB the goods provided by ATB and the subject of complaint or dispute by the Client.
- If the Client is not a consumer within the meaning of the CCA, ATB’s liability for any defect or damage in the Goods is:
- Limited to the value of any express warranty or warranty card provided to the Client by ATB at ATB’s sole discretion.
- Limited to any warranty to which ATB is entitled, if ATB did not manufacture the Goods.
- Otherwise negated absolutely
- Subject to this clause 13, returns will only be accepted provided that:
- the Client has complied with the provisions of this Agreement and
- ATB has agreed that the Goods are defective and
- the Goods are returned within a reasonable time at the Client’s cost (if that cost is not significant) and
- the Goods are returned in as close a condition to that in which they were delivered as is possible.
- Notwithstanding clauses 13.1 to 13.9 but subject to the CCA, ATB shall not be liable for any defect, loss, Claim, Consequential Loss or damage in any form or in any manner whatsoever which may be caused or partly caused by or arise as a result of:
- the Client failing to properly maintain or store any Goods
- the Client using the Goods for any purpose other than that for which they were designed
- the Client continuing the use of any Goods after any defect became apparent or should have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user
- the Client failing to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by ATB
- fair wear and tear, any accident, or act of God.
- ATB may in its absolute discretion accept non-defective Goods for return in which case ATB may require the Client to pay handling fees of up to twenty five percent (25%) of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight costs.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this clause if ATB is required by a law to accept a return then ATB will only accept a return on the conditions imposed by that law.
- ATB may cancel any contract to which this Agreement applies or cancel delivery of Goods at any time before the Goods are delivered by giving written notice in any form to the Client. On giving such notice ATB shall repay to the Client any money paid by the Client for the Goods. ATB shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- In the event that the Client cancels delivery of Goods the Client shall be liable for any and all loss incurred (whether direct or indirect) by ATB as a direct result of the cancellation (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits).
- Cancellation of orders for Goods made to the Client’s specifications, or for non-stocklist items, will definitely not be accepted once production has commenced, or an order has been placed.
Privacy Act 1988
- The Client agrees for ATB to obtain from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal credit information about the Client in relation to credit provided by ATB if requested by ATB.
- The Client agrees that ATB may exchange information about the Client with those credit providers either named as trade referees by the Client or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- To assess an application by the Client and/or
- To notify other credit providers of a default by the Client and/or
- To exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of this credit account, where the Client is in default with other credit providers and/or
- To assess the creditworthiness of the Client.
The Client understands that the information exchanged can include anything about the Client’s creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988.
- The Client consents to ATB being given a consumer credit report to collect overdue payment on commercial credit (Section 18K(1)(h) Privacy Act 1988).
- The Client agrees that personal credit information provided may be used and retained by ATB for the following purposes (and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the Client and ATB or required by law from time to time):
- The provision of Goods and/or
- The marketing of Goods by ATB, its agents or distributors and/or
- Analysing, verifying and/or checking the Client’s credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of Goods and/or
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the Client and/or
- Enabling the daily operation of Client’s account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Client’s account in relation to the Goods.
- ATB may give information about the Client to a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about the Client.
- Allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about the Client.
- The information given to the credit reporting agency may include:
- Personal particulars (the Client’s name, sex, address, previous addresses, date of birth, name of employer and driver’s licence number);
- Details concerning the Client’s application for credit or commercial credit and the amount requested;
- advice that ATB is a current credit provider to the Client;
- Advice of any overdue accounts, loan repayments, and/or any outstanding monies owing which are overdue by more than sixty (60) days, and for which debt collection action has been started.
- That the Client’s overdue accounts, loan repayments and/or any outstanding monies are no longer overdue in respect of any default that has been listed.
- Information that, in the opinion of ATB, the Client has committed a serious credit infringement (that is, fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with the Client’s credit obligations).
- Advice that cheques drawn by the Client for one hundred dollars ($100) or more, have been dishonoured more than once.
- That credit provided to the Client by ATB has been paid or otherwise discharged.
Force Majeure Event
- Non-performance by either party (other than the failure to make payment of the Price) caused by a Force Majeure Event will be excused as long as the Force Majeure Event exists.
- If either party is affected by a Force Majeure Event, it will promptly notify the other and the parties will enter into good faith discussions to agree to alternative arrangements that are fair and reasonable.
- Notwithstanding clauses 18.1 and 18.2, ATB may terminate these this Agreement without ATB having any liability to the client whatsoever if a Force Majeure Event occurs over a 5 day period, or on more than 30 days over a six month period.
- In case any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect other provisions of this Agreement and this Agreement shall be constructed as if it did not contain the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision.
- Where a word or phrase is given a particular meaning, other parts of speech and grammatical forms of that word or phrase have corresponding meanings.
- Words in the singular include the plural and vice versa.
- A reference to a statute includes a reference to all enactments amending or consolidating the statute and to an enactment substituted for the statute and any subordinate legislation, including regulations.
- Parties to attempt resolution
- It is the desire of the parties to resolve a Dispute as quickly and with as minimal cost as possible. The parties must use their best endeavours to resolve the Dispute between themselves without delay.
- In the event of a Dispute not initially being resolved, the parties must meet to attempt to resolve the Dispute within fourteen (14) days written notice in any form being received for such a meeting.
- This clause does not apply where the Dispute relates to the non payment of money due and owing under this Agreement to ATB
Termination of Agreement
- This Agreement will continue until terminated by ATB, ATB may terminated this Agreement in its absolute discretion.
- If the Client is a company (including a corporate trustee of a trust) or partnership, then it will procure its directors or partners to guarantee performance of its obligations under this Agreement in terms set out at Schedule 1 or otherwise satisfactory to ATB to secure the obligations owed by the Client from time to time.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
- The rental period is for a minimum of 14 days, extendable for periods of only 14 days.
- The Chosen AUSFIT Torsion Bar will be delivered to the address listed as the Clients delivery address during checkout on the website only.
- All Rentals are only for the Sydney area and exclude the Central Coast and Blue mountains.
- All rentals are calculated at AUD$6 per day for a min of 14 days, if the bar is not ready for pick up on the 15th day, ATB will contact the client and reattempt pickup on the 17th day. If the bar is still not ready for pick up the client will be charged the RRP of the specific weighted bar shown on ausfittactical.com along with the extra two days of rental charges.
- All rentals are sanitized with hospital grade disinfectant before being rented and before being returned.
- If the rented bar is damaged beyond general wear and tear that would be sustained in a 14 day period the client will be charged the RRP of the specific weighted bar shown on ausfittactical.com
- The failure by ATB to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect ATB’s right to subsequently enforce that provision. If any provision of this Agreement shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- Subject to clause 13 ATB shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Client for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Client arising out of a breach by ATB of this Agreement (alternatively ATB’s liability shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price of the Goods).
- The Client shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the Price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Client by ATB nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
- ATB may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Client’s consent.
- The Client agrees that ATB may amend this Agreement at any time. If ATB makes a change to this Agreement, then that change will take effect from the date on which ATB notifies the Client of such change in writing. The Client will be taken to have accepted such changes if the Client makes a further request for ATB to provide Goods to the Client.
- The Client warrants that it has the power to enter into this agreement and has obtained all necessary authorisations to allow it to do so, it is not insolvent and that this agreement creates binding and valid legal obligations on it.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, it is expressly agreed that all the rights, immunities, waivers, indemnities, exemptions from and limitations of liability granted to the parties by the provisions set forth in this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement and continue to have their full force and effect in all circumstances.
- The Client indemnifies ATB against any Claim, loss, damage, expense, penalty, fine or liability arising from a breach by the Client of this Agreement.
- The Client indemnifies ATB against any Claim, loss, damage, expense, penalty, fine or liability arising from a breach by the Client of this Agreement arising from a Claim by any third party:
- Directly or indirectly arising from the sale, delivery, use or misuse of the Goods by the third party or
- The performance or non performance by ATB of any term of this Agreement
- The exclusions, releases and indemnities in favour of ATB in this Agreement apply in all circumstances, including if a Claim arises as a result of the negligence, breach of contract or wilful act or default of ATB.